A splash of colour
Neutrals are fine for much of your wardrobe, but colour adds punch and fashion personality if you know how to use it.
1. Start by holding different colour swatches up to your face to find flattering hues.
2. Assess your current wardrobe to decide which colours coordinate best.
3. Narrow it down to two or three new vivid colours.
4. If you choose an acceptable colour for makeup, like red, start by using the colour on your lips or nails.
5. Add a scarf in one of your new bright colours.
6. Try a camisole in the new colour under a neutral jacket.
7. Substitute vibrant shoes for your basic black ones.
8. Begin to use colour to express yourself: red for power, pink for flirting, black for chicness, etc.
1. Don’t stray too far from your normal style with colour: if you’re used to wearing beiges, fuchsia will be too stark of a contrast.
2. Don’t pay too much attention to which colours you should or shouldn’t wear according to your hair, skin and eye colours.
3. Do put bright colours on or near your best assets, because they draw attention to it.